* Giving Tuesday Contest Rules
1. Sponsor. Sponsor of this promotion is LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 West Maude Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94085.
2. No Purchase Necessary and Void Where Prohibited; Entry Instructions. No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning. Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Void where prohibited and where translation, localization and/or bonding required.
To enter the promotion, nonprofit organizations meeting the eligibility requirements in Section 4 can submit an entry by (1) posting on the LinkedIn platform using the hashtags #DonateAwareness #GivingTuesday #Contest and (2) submitting an Ad Grants application. The post must be visible to the public. In the event of any dispute as to the identity of entrant, Sponsor has the right to determine the identity of the entrant in its sole discretion. All entries must meet the following criteria for the LinkedIn post and Ad grants application.
LinkedIn Post requirements:
• Your entry must not contain confidential information of any entity or individual;
• Your entry must be original, exclusively created and owned by entrant, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry. This includes getting all necessary permissions from any person or company that has rights or appears in the entry, including for any third party’s intellectual property right or right of privacy or publicity;
• Your entry must respect the LinkedIn User Agreement and LinkedIn Professional Community Guidelines;
• Your entry may only be submitted by posting on LinkedIn using the hashtags #DonateAwareness #GivingTuesday #Contest;
• Your entry post must be made from the same nonprofit organization page applying for the Ad Grant.
Ad Grants application requirements:
• Your entry must supply a link to the nonprofit organization post in your application;
• Nonprofit organizations must be looking to use their Ad grant for at least one of the following purposes
◦◦ Build awareness/provide education about a priority issue,
◦◦ Support volunteer recruitment,
◦◦ Hire talent;
• Ad Grants cannot be used for fundraising campaigns on the LinkedIn platform.
• Organizations must have their own experienced marketing team or resources available to set up and successfully manage campaigns via LinkedIn Campaign;
• All Ad grants ads must comply with the LinkedIn Advertising Policy;
• Campaigns must be looking to support large-scale initiatives that will reach, impact or recruit over 1,000 people.
Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason. The Official Rules of this promotion will be sent free of charge to any person who requests it. The Official Rules are subject to change at any time, and Sponsor has the right to cancel, suspend or modify the promotion at any time.
3. Entry Period. All entries must be received between 12:00 am Pacific Time on Tuesday November 29, 2022 and 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). This is a contest of skill. Odds of winning the promotion depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Entry Period.
4. Eligibility. In order to be eligible, each nonprofit entrant must be (i) a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization based in the US and (ii) must have a LinkedIn company page. Every nonprofit warrants that any representatives participating in the contest are (i) at least 21 years old and the age of majority in entrant’s jurisdiction of residence, and (ii) a LinkedIn member at the time of submission. Current customers of LinkedIn Marketing Solutions are ineligible. Current and/or past nonprofit Ad grant recipients are ineligible. Employees of Sponsor and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
5. Winner Selection. Judging will take place during the period of December 30, 2022 and December 31, 2022. Sponsor and a panel of judges will select Winners based on the following, equally weighted, criteria:
• Fit: The audience for the advertising campaign must fit LinkedIn’s member profile
• Authenticity: Their campaign objectives must be well thought out, clear and authentic
• Campaign Objectives: Campaign objectives must be compelling and invigorate members of the LinkedIn community
Sponsor will notify the Winners via the email provided in the application by 12:00 pm ET on December 31, 2022. A Winner must respond to Adgrants@linkedin.com within 72 hours confirming their acceptance of the prize. Should a Winner fail to do so, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that Winner and select a new one. Sponsor's decision regarding the selection or disqualification of Winners is final. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, technical difficulties associated therewith, or a Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email or other account.
6. Prize. There are 10 prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of an Ad Grant from LinkedIn Marketing Solutions with an approximate retail value of $100,000. Prize cannot be used for fundraising campaigns on the LinkedIn platform. Limit: one (1) prize per nonprofit organization. The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash or any other form of credit. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. Prize must be used in full by June 30, 2023 and the winner forfeits any remaining prize value that remains after this date. Sponsor reserves the right to revoke full or partial prize from any Winner who it deems, in their sole discretion, is no longer fit to receive the Prize or may bring Sponsor into disrepute. TAXES RELATED TO THE PRIZE ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
8. Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES AND SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE NOMINATION PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the promotion.
9. Governing Law; Disputes. THE PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
10. Winners’ List. Individuals may view the winning posts by emailing Adgrants@linkedin.com for a complete list.